Is a QROPS Right for You?
Whether you are soon moving away from the UK or are already overseas, you should fully explore whether you are able to transfer your UK pension into a QROPS. There are several requirements if you want to take advantage of a QROPS including:
- Your pension must have a transfer value in excess of £25 000 or £100 000 if you live in the USA
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 75
- Your pension must be private or occupational. State pensions cannot be transferred
- You must not have already taken an annuity
- If you have a final salary pension scheme you must not have already taken payment
- You are living abroad or will be moving abroad in the next 6 months
Each pension transfer is as individual as you are so it is important for you to obtain specialist independent advice. Please let us know if you would like to be put in touch with a suitable IFA.